First of all, thanks for providing this wonderful resource for expats. I just stumbled upon it and look forward to sharing it with my expat friends and colleagues.
My friend recently complained of pain when urinating and some whitish-green stuff coming from his penis. He said it disappeared pretty quickly after self-prescribing himself with Azirthomyclin and Ceftriaxone. He said it has re-appeared now. He said he masturbated a couple times while he was taking his self-prescribed drugs.
He was too scared to get it checked at the hospital because of the risk he would run of losing his Z-Visa. Do you know anything about foreigners who become susceptible to a disease while in China and what impact it could have on their stay here?
Living in a small city, he is scared of the scrutiny of his school finding out what he has and losing his job, then dealing with deportation or finding the next job. Does medical exams stay on foreigner records here?
So I guess my questions are as follows:
1) What STD do you think my friend has?
2) What is the best self-prescribed (slash Dr Greg prescribed) medicine or antibiotic for him if he will not go see a doctor?
3) What can happen to foreigners who become susceptible to a disease while in China and what impact it could have on their stay here? Obviously this depends on the disease, but how about for gonorrhea or chlamydia?
4) How often and how long do cases of gonorrhea need to be to lead to infertility? Can you determine if someone is infertile or not without having sexual intercourse and a women becoming pregnant?
5) When undergoing treatment with antibiotics for gonorrhea or chlamydia, if you masturbate or ejaculate, will it affect the healing process?
Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me so I can help a nervous friend out.